But firstly you need to make sure that as soon as someone types in a keyword related to your business then your result shows up in the top results for those users. This can be done by using SEO. Even if a consumer is only asking about an item which he/she already possesses and is not looking to buy anything from you but still by getting your video in the search list you ensure your brand exposure. You would be sure to get new viewers every time your result comes up in a search result for a query. New viewers increase chances of getting conversion. Also, they would appreciate the quality and service you provide through your video content. Hence it is absolutely essential to make your content as appealing as you can to attract more and more probable customers. Your video should be easily understandable as well. You could also up sell any other of your products or hint at going for a new purchase even if the customer wasn’t looking to buy. Your video must appeal not force the customer to first buy your product. Exerting too much of this technique could even prove disastrous. You need to make sure to follow up with the customer whenever he’s ready to make a purchase, stay updated with their progress and keep in touch regarding their purchasing activity. The brand exposure you just created with your video SEO helps you get a client and thus expand your network. So, videos are highly interactive in nature, help you get more loyal customers and improve your ranking way more than you could have expected by using blogs or other forms of textual content. As soon as companies realize the potential that videos possess, they are sure to grow by leaps and bounds. That is the ultimate goal for any company or business.
Videos should be a very important part of your overall online marketing plan. Mainly because it can really help with search engine optimization and Google rankings. Let us see some of the ways through which video proves to be a better choice.
- A way to really let video help in your SEO, is blogging – you need to blog about it; at least mention a paragraph about the content of your video to let people know what your video is all about.
- Landing pages – help you get more mileage out of your video. They drive traffic to a particular page. Here, you need to make sure that your page and its content is appealing enough to catch the viewers’ attention and keep them coming to your page for more. This will drive more and more traffic and thus help you improve your ranking.
- Another way that video can help with your SEO is social media. Youtube is one of the most popular search engines owned by Google. Here, whatever words are in your video title, they will help get your video ranked for that particular word. So, whenever somebody searches something with your keyword in it, your result will show up in the list. Now what matters is the position of your video in that list. If the content is really good and your video is getting large number of visits then YouTube will automatically promote your video to a better ranked position. Thus, making your video more visible.
- Double click through rate – the click through rate for videos is double the rate for non video results. And we know for a fact that clicks drive traffic. The more clicks, the better your ranking.
- More likely to get on first page – a video result is 53% more likely to get on the first page of the search results. Hence driving more traffic to your page and increasing the chances of getting higher conversions eventually.
- Improves site stickiness – once on a page with video, people stick to that page for longer periods of time, an average of 2 minutes longer, than other pages without video. This signals Google that your page is valuable hence getting better rankings. Add some textual matter in the description using the keyword your video is associated with and you’ll see that your ranking improves in a short span of time.
So, yes, video definitely helps with SEO in so many ways. This brings us to summarize the whole content by saying that video is the future of content creation. Companies and businesses need to invest in videos in order to climb up the ladder of corporate success in terms of getting more viewers and loyal customers eventually. The more they focus on developing great quality content for videos, the more the chances of getting upward growth in your popularity.