Initially Google AdWords were ‘the ads’ if we wanted to grow our business and increase our prospects of getting a wide audience base. With the growing popularity of Facebook, manufacturers decided to go an extra level by providing informative content and letting people know about their product through Facebook. This led to the advent of Facebook ads. Now, we could socialize as well as promote our product or company. Ads were made more effective, appealing and attracted a wider spectrum of viewers. Now, Facebook is changing the way leads are generated on the internet and this is going to be a game changer. People are slowly creating a product’s journey with their respective Facebook advertisements. You can create audience out of existing people or followers on your page, through messenger, advertisements, lead forms, videos etc. So it brings to light the fact that what your audience sees on your page is going to affect them and influence them to follow you or your product.As we know, in the marketing industry trends play an important role, in fact what’s the cutting edge, what’s hot in the present market scene is the foundation of any marketing approach. We are moving towards new ways to communicate with our audiences. Here we are going to learn about what’s coming, take this as a learning opportunity to expand marketing efforts by analysing what’s going to be relevant for the upcoming year as far as advertisement platforms are considered. So, to stand out in today’s world of publicity and media presence, it is essential to understand the core of this industry. What makes you, a businessperson, alluring in order to get the maximum number of followers or customers. The more popular you become, the more the chances of you getting more customers. It all begins with marketing, especially social media marketing in this case. An appealing presence on the social media is guaranteed to give you the required edge over your contemporaries. The two main platforms that have emerged as the most sought after regarding online marketing are Facebook and Google, particularly Google AdWords and Facebook ads. Both of them are top class players in their category with one or the other having an edge over other small players. This makes them highly favourable for business persons. However it is really important to understand the nuances of both as they pertain to different sections of the society, particularly the online counterparts. So, some of the basic factors or say advantages of both these platforms are discussed below to help you make out the best option according to your requirements.
- Google is intent based. Someone types in a keyword(s) and Google gives results according to that. Ads are displayed accordingly. On the flip side, there is no intent in Facebook ads. Facebook is basically meant for socialising. People want to connect with and meet friends or new people. So, if you want to grow your business you should opt for Google AdWords as it provides need based results. On the contrary if you intend to grow your user base, publicise your company or product then Facebook ads are your best option.
- You can provide direct links to your website on Google AdWords whereas with Facebook ads you can’t start by just saying buy now. You need to specify some information or give out some educational content in order to urge people to visit your website. The friendlier and easily understandable the content is the more the chances of people visiting your website. This approach works as people these days want to experiment and evolve to grab the latest, be it fashion, technology, education or anything else. Whereas Google ads doesn’t give any additional information to its viewers thus only existing customers approach that mode.
- Facebook ads are targeted like if you are in beauty business and want to promote a new product in the same category then you could get in touch with people interested in that particular field through Facebook ads. Whereas Google ads do not filter ads in such a manner. Thus, Facebook ads pinpoint specific demographics whereas Google ads don’t. This translates into lower cost per click.
- Timing – both Google ads and Facebook ads show some potential regarding people who are ready to buy. It’s a bit of a tie for both as both of them readily reach out to the interested viewers. But Facebook has a slight upper hand as it allows even non Facebook users to see Facebook ads.
- Engagement – Facebook wins this one as ads on Facebook are highly interactive in nature. People can ask questions in the comment section right in the ad, they can like the page and also follow the page for more updates. Google does provide ratings and reviews for advertising but their ads are one way. Such ads are passive ads and are not appealing as they only cater to people who are already aware about the kind of product they need. Whereas Facebook ads make people aware about new products being introduced in your field of interest which ultimately gathers more viewership.
- Quality – Facebook ads are visually more appealing. If you think presentation of a product is important then Facebook ads will definitely be your favourite. They can have graphics as in photos, videos, slideshows etc. Visually appealing ads attract more views and clicks.
- Price – one of the most important factors for business persons is budget. Mostly based on the kind of advertising you want and the range of viewers you want to attract we can judge that ads are going to cost a hefty amount. But Facebook comes to our rescue here as well with quite fascinating ads available for much less amount than on Google. So for budget friendly approach Facebook is a clear winner.
Finally the kind of advertising you opt for, your location, your preferences and many more such factors, all play a significant part in the journey to get a successful ad campaign on both these platforms. So, be prepared to make an informed decision so as to garner more and more support for your company or product.